Friday, March 6, 2009

My mom vs. Barbara Boxer

This is an email I just received from my mom.

I know that EVERYONE in the blogosphere would love to read it.

Diana McCarthy 2012.

The Email:

Got an email tonight from our wonderful Senator Barbara Boxer telling about all the wonderful things coming our way because of this massive stimulus bill. Here's my response:
What about all the pork in the bill? What about the massive amount of money we are borrowing that will have to be paid back by US the TAXPAYERS???

What about the targeting of Americans who make around $250K a year and will now have to be taxed to death do to all the over-spending that you all in congress are doing?

My husband and I are finally making it. We dug ourselves out of a hole and went from barely making it to making a six-figure income. But my dear Senator we are NOT wealthy! How on earth can you put people who make $250,000 a year into the same bracket as multi-millionaires??? We feel every single tax that comes our way. We work hard. We asked for no hand outs. We have 3 kids w/ one in college. We get NO loans for it. My mother lives w/ us and we take care of her also. But w/ all the new taxes coming our way...and they ARE coming... we will start to sink under their weight. Where is our incentive to make more money? It will only go to someone else who didn't work for it.

We sit here w/ a mortgage that is upside down and can not refinance it to a fixed rate loan. We are paying our mortgage so no one wants to deal with us. We aren't looking for a bailout. We are just looking to refinance to a fixed rate. Not sure that will happen because again we are seen as "the rich". Too funny since 4 years after moving in we are just now buying curtains and still have a dirt backyard. You see we are trying to do things the right way. We want to have the money before we do the backyard....that is IF we still have one in the future.

I am tired of hearing about "the richest 2%" in our country. They worked darned hard for what they have and should not be demonized for it. What right do you all in congress have to take it away from those who earn it?

I suggest you all take a massive pay cut. But then again you probably wouldn't feel it. I'm quite sure you aren't making just $250K a year.

Instead of being so quick to spend someone else's hard earned money why don't you look at the real working Americans out there that are just like me. Working working working and the tax bills just keep climbing. It is time for a Boston Tea Party in America so you, our representatives, will realize that we are sick of this and aren't just going to keep taking every thing you want to throw at us. After all...YOU work for ME!



I'm sending this to all the idiots in congress who represent us. No more just talking! Time we let them know what we think too!!




Yah, my mom pretty much kicks ass.

No comments: