Saturday, September 29, 2007

Understanding

It seems that the more I learn the less I understand. Throughout high school I had these spiritual, mental and physical rocks that I stood on and the more I learn about the outside world, different people, different interpretations of scripture, different world views, different takes on history.. it just seems like it is impossible to know anything. The more I learn about things, the less I understand as a whole.

Also, I had a couple of long talks tonight in which I realized that the music scene today is just a disgusting mess. I wish I was born in 74'.
Hardcore is completely dead as evident by all of these crappy bands out nowadays. Here's hoping for a renaissance in the future.

But I still have these old cd's and these old songs.

2 comments:

Niall said...

I agree with your Dad on this one. I remember "unlearning" everything that I had learned when I got to 9th grade and they told me that there is no rule that says you can't start a sentence with "because". I was Furious.

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

It's alright Niall, I got really messed up taking apologetics with Holtzen. It took a while, but I understand fully now. He broke me down, then rebuild me into something better.

That will happen with your life, theology and the likes. You will see many people your first few semesters that think they know it all. They don't. Just go with the flow and rock it out. Stick to Jesus when all else fails.

As for music, time to switch. Soul and Mod is coming in. It's rather groovy.