Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Healthcare.

My stomach has hurt for two days now. Today I've contracted a fever and a mean headache/sorthroat/cough. I looked up this combination on the internet and they said that this combination of symptoms can mean a number of nasty things that I don't want. So I go to the doctor. After 4 and a half hours of trying to find a doctor that would accept my insurance and waiting to be called, I find out that despite my healthcare provider's recommendation that I go to a specific urgent care, I will need to pay $108 because they don't take my insurance due to certain HMO issues. I, being without that $108, left in a fitfully unhealthy rage.

Still sick. Still mad. Still (kinda) scared as to what is wrong with my stomach. And no hope in sight until tomorrow when I get to return to the same place to dispute my claim.

I hate bureaucratic BS that keeps me sick. A lot.

EDIT: Oh and I might get to study abroad in Rome/Florence next semester for three months. > Sick.

8 comments:

Trento said...

wait so studying in rome/florence is greater than (>) sick.

that is some sort of weird math that i never learned.

have fun sounds great.

Niall said...

I'm not really to sure why they wouldn't accept my insurance as it was. I've never had any sort of a problem before.

To finish the story since my blog post:

We called the insurance and changed medical groups. That worked. Once in the urgent care they said I need to go to the ER anyway because there was nothing that they could do for me. I go to the ER and after 6 hours there I leave with the diagnosis of "flu like viral infection". I came home. Went to bed. And just woke up feeling much better with only a bad cough. I have NO idea what last night was all about.

Amy said...

i'm glad you're feeling better. and studying abroad would be awesome!!!!

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

Your school coverage should do something.

Padfoot240 said...

Sometimes you don't need the doctors to get well, unless you know what's wrong with you. Sometimes you just need to fluff your feathers up a bit and you feel much better.

Drink water and OJ and eat soup.

Loafy said...

you should have punch the people there and said "hope your insurance works" then walked out haha

Solomon said...

Vote for Obabma and you'll never be sick again. I just found your blog.

Padfoot240 said...

If I voted for Obama I would be very sick to my stomach.