Thursday, August 16, 2007

There is so much on the horizon...

I feel like everything is radically changing at the same time. Be it my college move or the way in which I think the church is going.. all of it is incredibly exciting.

I will be moving to Hope International University in just over one day and I am incredibly excited about that. I can't wait to learn more about the bible and more about myself in relation to christ. I am excited to share a space with my roomates Trevor and Matt and for all of the adventures that we are going to have. I am going to miss Rachel terribly but I know that I will still be able to see her often. Me and Steve (Theresa's boyfriend) will be switiching off car pools that will be making the trek up to malibu every other week... so that is incredibly exciting.

I feel that the church is starting to move in a new direction. Like a revolution is beginning to stir it's whispers and different people are beginning to hear them. I think that the thoughts of the church are moving in such a way that the focus will no longer be on what the church can do for us, but what we can do for the church. Such opposite doctrine from the likes of Osteen and his ilk. I really do think something is big is going to happen soon with this, and I really I do hope that I begin to understand these principals better than I already do. I am so tired of health and wealth gospels and I can see that many others in the church are just as unhappy with it. No more watered down gospel. No more background selfish ambitions. Exciting to say the least!

I am so full of hope right now. Hope that I can actually do something with what God has given me. God is love and all I want to do is show that on earth.

I'm sure I'll get a whole lot of comments on this one ...

Love,

Niall

1 comment:

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

I will call you and we will talk. It is well overdue.